aquatic pollutants, water resources, pathogens, clean coastal line, plastics waste treatment in sea, agricultural pollutants in the sea
Theme 1 - Measuring
On behalf of Adana Metropolitan Municipality, we would like to search for a partner for the call which named as "Risks posed to human health and the environment by pollutants and pathogens present in water resources".
We are also highly interested in clean Mediterranian project.
Adana Metropolitan Municipality is Turkey’s sixth biggest municipality. Adana Municipality was founded in 1871, and took metropolitan municipality statute in 1986 with 3306 law code. Having 14 district and nearly 2,3 million population, Adana
Metropolitan Municipality has different departments and 15.000 personals are taking part in it. The fields which the institution is active;
• -To protect environment, agriculture areas and water basin
• -To plan and organize transportation in the city
• -To prepare development plan
• -To set up geography and city information system
• -To carry out health, education and cultural services
• - To provide coordination between central districts. For these fields, It works together with head department and
• Adana Metropolitan Municipality is having a big reponsiblity for technical education and skills courses.In 3308 Law code,
together with Adana Commerce Chamber and Adana Builders Federation, Metropolitan Municipality organized an on-the-jobtraining to 875 workers working in construction sector and gave them certificates.Municipality is a member of United Cities and Local Goverments Middle East and West Asia Section(UCLG-MEWA) and Çukurova Municipalities Federation. With the last law, 14 more district municipalities within our city are in our reponsibility.
• MISSON: To provide the best planned, fast, effective, fair and citizens focused service.
• VISION: By pursuiting leader and pioneer position, to become a pattern municipality in Turkey and the World.
• To service to everybody by being fair, honest and applying the laws.
• To use public sources appropriate.
• To be decided and brave to protect public rights.
• To be clear and open to make decision, apply and activities.
• To aim quality, sustainabilty and permanence in service.
• To provide attendance to activities in citizens and municipality cooparation.
• To work together with other institutions, foundations and non-govermental organizations in a coordination.
• To give priority to the projects which are useful for the city in genaral.
• To find solutions to the problems of the citizens quickly.