• sampling of water components, monitoring, data evaluation of contaminants including cyano- bacterial and bacterial toxins in water environment.
• Water - hydrology and hydrodynamics, water quality and its protection, monitoring
microbiology, water components (nutrients, macro components, metals),
• LC-MS analysis pesticides
• Treatment of micropollutants in water and wastewater
• Membrane technology for wastewater treatments
We have successfully completed many research projects on treatments of water and wastewater. We conducted on occurrence, removal, bacterial toxins in reservoir, experience on Biological Treatments and polymeric materials for water treatments. Our laboratory has implemented a quality system on ISO/IEC 17125.
We are interested in joint projects focused on assessing the level of priority contaminantsand antimicrobial resistant bacteria in fresh water (reservoir, rivers) and groundwater), their fate and impact on the organisms, ecological risk assessments
Our department has over 25 years of experience in water/wastewater and solid wastes treatments, constructive and engineering projects including water/wastewater distribution and collection networks, treatment plants. Our main research axes developed are aligned with Environmental Engineering, Biological Sciences, and Chemistry/Chemical Engineering. Departments, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Technologies, Air Pollution Control and Soil Pollution and Solid Waste within the scope of our department.